For a brief description of Animal Reiki, please read: "An Introduction to Animal Reiki."
You may also wish to view our printable Animal Reiki brochure:
We occasionally conduct local Animal Reiki Clinics where we offer $10 Animal Reiki mini-treatments. The Animal Reiki Clinics are generally hosted by local veterinary hospitals, animal shelters, pet stores, grooming businesses, etc. (The proceeds are shared with the hosts, or donated.) A schedule of local Animal Reiki Clinics can be found in the Upcoming Events section on our Home page, and announcements are posted on our Facebook page, as well as notifications being sent to the subscribers of our E-mail Mailing List.
Receive periodic Discounts and
notices of Upcoming Events.
We offer FREE Animal Reiki treatments to all animals in non-profit animal shelters, rescues, sanctuaries, and foster homes—worldwide—to assist with physical, emotional, and behavioral issues. Reiki has been instrumental in some tremendous transformations of many animals’ health, temperament, and behavior. In turn, allowing animals who are available for adoption to become more “adoptable,” and animals housed at sanctuaries and zoos to gain improved health, vitality, and a sense of peace.
For more information, please Contact Us.
Give the Gift of Health!
A very thoughtful and
simple way to give the gift
of health and well-being to
any beloved pet or animal.
Distant Reiki sessions are offered to animals located outside of our geographic service area--anywhere in the world--but are also available to local animals as a matter of convenience and/or economics for their owners/caregivers. Distant Reiki is ideal for animals who are fearful, aggressive, abused or traumatized. Shelter animals, sanctuary or zoo animals, and wildlife can also be treated comfortably and effectively with distant Reiki.
Distant Reiki sessions generally last 30 to 60 minutes, depending upon the animal’s needs and preferences. The initial consultation will be conducted via telephone and/or e-mail. As part of an initial consultation, a Pre-Treatment Animal Reiki Information / Release Form must be signed, as well as an Animal Reiki Intake Form being completed. These forms may be downloaded, completed, and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, preceding a scheduled session. A photo of the animal is very helpful, but not absolutely necessary. Payment must be received prior to scheduling a distant Animal Reiki session.
In-person Animal Reiki Session (1 animal): $50
In-person Animal Reiki Session (2 animals): $75
4 In-person Animal Reiki Sessions (1 animal): $180
4 In-person Animal Reiki Sessions (2 animals): $280
Please choose an option below:
In-person Animal Reiki sessions are offered locally within a 20 mile radius of Stephens City, VA, USA.
(Exceptions can be made upon special request, but may incur an additional mileage fee.) The initial in-person Animal Reiki session will last 60 to 90 minutes, which includes a free consultation, as well as a Reiki treatment. Subsequent, follow-up in-person Animal Reiki sessions will last from 30 to 60 minutes, depending upon the animal’s needs and preferences. Payment must be received prior to scheduling an in-person Animal Reiki session.
We will soon be offering free, and reduced cost, Animal Reiki In-service Workshops to teach Animal Reiki to the staff and volunteers of local animal shelters, sanctuaries, and veterinary hospitals and clinics. If you wish to be notified when this service is available, please Contact Us.
Q: How can 1 person save 100 homeless animals?
A: It's easy. Just spay one.
It's a simple fact.
Spaying and neutering is prevention that saves lives.
An in-depth article that provides practical advice, tips, and resources to help you find your lost pet as quickly and safely as possible.
"The evening of the first distant session, I noticed that Alice was more energetic than she usually is. She was playing and seemed (I don’t know how else to explain it) receptive, grateful and aware that she was receiving healing energy...."
~ Janet Roma, Stephens City, VA
"I never imagined I'd request Reiki for a fish--but I'm so glad I did! Bobo is happy again. He's more active and responsive, he's eating again, and his color is more brilliant than ever. He even made a bubble nest, which he hadn't done for quite awhile. So, I know he's well and is content... I don't have to understand how the Reiki worked from such a tremendous distance to know that it did. There is no denying it...."
~ G. Sparks, New Port Richey, FL
Distant Animal Reiki Session (1 animal): $30
Distant Animal Reiki Session (2 animals): $45
4 Distant Animal Reiki Sessions (1 animal): $100
4 Distant Animal Reiki Sessions (2 animals): $160
Please choose an option below:
Please read our Disclaimer, and our Animal Reiki Session Cancellation / Postponement Policy.
You may also wish to view our Pre-Treatment Animal Reiki Information / Release Form.
Give the Gift of Health!
An Animal Reiki Session Gift Certificate is a very thoughtful and simple way to give the gift of health and well-being to any beloved pet or animal. Our Gift Certificates are available in several denominations, and are redeemable for either In-person (local) Reiki sessions, or Distant Reiki sessions.
NOTE: The testimonials and reviews displayed on our website are actually testament to the healing and transformative power of Reiki. We are merely facilitators, and we do not personally take any credit for the successes of the Reiki treatments we participate in.
* Reiki is a powerful healing system on its own, but it is also a wonderful complement to other therapies being used for an animal’s recovery or health maintenance. Yet, Reiki (or any alternative therapy) should never be used exclusively as a substitute for quality, professional veterinary care.
* Animal Reiki sessions can be conducted in-person or from a distance. Distant Animal Reiki treatments are just as effective, and may be preferable in some cases. (See Distant Animal Reiki Sessions, below.) All Reiki treatments, in-person or distant, are offered with the animal in his or her own environment, habitat or current location. When animals can remain in their familiar surroundings, and do not have to be transported, confined, restrained, or subjected to human touch, this makes for a more comfortable and stress-free experience for the animals.
* Respectfully, Reiki is only given with the permission and acceptance of the animal. And the animal determines how the treatment will be given (hands-on or from a slight distance), and under what circumstances, including how much Reiki will be received—if any at all. Therefore, the animal retains a large degree of control over the Reiki session, and becomes an active and willing partner in their own healing process.
* During an in-person session, Reiki may be offered to an animal from several feet away. The animal is allowed to come forward to receive “hands-on” treatment if he or she is open to it. Some animals will place certain body parts into the hands of the practitioner to show where healing is needed most. Other animals will lie down and fall into a deep “Reiki nap.”
* The most common (temporary) healing responses to a Reiki treatment are drowsiness or induced sleep, increased water consumption, and increased elimination of bodily waste. Therefore, it is best to schedule Reiki sessions appropriately to accommodate the potential healing responses, especially for performance and service/working animals.
* More than one Animal Reiki treatment is usually necessary to address serious, chronic, or long-term injuries, illnesses, or emotional/behavioral issues, or to assist with recovery from a surgery or medical treatment. For best results, we recommend a series of 4 treatments on consecutive days, followed by once or twice a week until recovery.
* While positive results may be seen after one or two treatments, all animals will benefit from a regularly scheduled program of Reiki for their continued health and overall well-being, especially performance and working animals. We recommend beginning with a series of 4 treatments on consecutive days, followed by once a week or every other week for maintenance.
* Saying goodbye is never easy, but Reiki helps to ease the transition from life to death, and gives a sense of peace and comfort to animals, and their caregivers. We recommend a series of treatments on consecutive days—daily, or as often as needed—for support in this process.
* As part of an initial consultation, a Pre-Treatment Animal Reiki Information / Release Form must be signed, as well as an Animal Reiki Intake Form being completed. These forms can be completed at the time of an in-person Animal Reiki session, or (as with a distant Animal Reiki session) they can be downloaded, completed, and e-mailed to email@example.com, prior to a scheduled session.
* Payment must be received (and approved) prior to scheduling any Animal Reiki sessions.